Huawei modems with Asterisk, another frustration

There are many: chan_mobile, chan_datacard, chan_dongle. I tried them all but none of them actually “works”. ¬†They failed in controlled lab environments, they worked for periods of time but ended crashing the module and Asterisk itself.

At the time of writing this post the frustration is eating me. I spent the weekend trying to make chan_dongle to work with an E177 modem which a friend of mine bought from Amazon two weeks ago.

Chan_dongle is an effort from a developer who decided to share his work with us, I’m not¬†criticizing him, I’m just publishing the results of my lab test along with some of the frustration originated from it.

I’ll read the code, try to figure out what’s happening and If I succeed, I’ll publish the results here.

 

2 thoughts on “Huawei modems with Asterisk, another frustration

  1. Pingback: Huawei modem as an answering machine | | Caru's stuffCaru's stuff

  2. Pingback: PJSIP and Huawei modems to build opensource gateway | | Caru's stuffCaru's stuff

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *