VUC is a very famous conference for VOIP users that is streamed every week on Friday. Today, a great group of Kamailio developers were gathered together for an update regarding the upcoming release of Kamailio 4.1.
For me, it was the first time meeting most of the guys in the conference although I know them through the interactions in the SR-DEV mailing list. It was a great experience indeed.
My participation was mostly related to the cnxcc module that I contributed some months ago, and that will be released along with some other modules for the 4.1 version.
There’s a video of the session that you can watch. The important part of me talking about the module starts here.
After watching it I noticed my pronunciation needs some major improvements (well, my English in general :D), specially with the words ending with consonants. Bear with me please, English is my third language ;).
I leave you with the video link below, in case you want to watch very smart people talking about Kamailio 😉
For those who follow me and didn’t notice my new job, it has been 3 months already. Three great months :). I switched from a regular commuted job at Conexion, to a full-time telecommuting job for a company located in Hamburg, Germany, which is 6 hours away from my timezone.
Timezone was never a problem. When I am about to start here, they are about to have lunch. It sounds rough but it is not when a perfectly built schedule and task list is given to you, and when you work with very talented and disciplined professionals.
And speaking about talented people, well, I work with the best in the industry. No exaggeration.
My work is very diverse and exciting and although it’s been only 3 months, I already worked with:
Have you ever needed to change the expires attribute of the Contact header in a REGISTER message because you don’t use usrloc or registrar modules? Well, if that is your case, this code snippet may be helpful for you:
But why so complicated? Two things.
– We use a custom module for registration. It’s written in C and the expires attr is generated by the Authorization authority.
– Save(“location”) of usrloc module automatically sends the 200 OK with the correct headers. We do not have this in hand for usage.
This might not be the easiest way of doing it, but it works, serves the purpose and could be used as an alternative 🙂
I’ve been working on this for the last few days and I pleased to say that I managed to get through the series of problems that the learning curve entails and now the app is finally working.
My intention was to learn the fundamentals of webRTC and SIP over websockets and I haven’t found a better solution than the one offered by Doubango Telecom. Their impressive job is transforming the way we communicate and I want to be part of that transformation when it finally hit the “standard technology” label.
The purpose of the application is to demonstrate a new way of doing a click to call service. There are a variety of similar solutions with different approaches being the Java applet the most commonly used amongst them.
The app connects to my lab’s Asterisk, via webrtc2sip which deals with the SIP over WS on one side, and SIP over UDP in the other part. The media is also handled by webrtc2sip by translating the SDP profiles and making transcoding on demand.
You can try it here. It is necessary the latest version of Chrome stable or Firefox Nightly. If you don’t meet the minimum needs, the page will just stay there doing nothing. In case you get an error message it’s probably because my server crashed. Please let me know if that happen.
For some reason, behind very restrictive firewalls the audio is not working properly. I’m working on this to fix it ASAP. Please let me know if that’s your case.
I temporarily deactivated the demo because my server suffered large amounts of hacking attempts. I knew this was possible but I wasn’t expecting this volume.